16 May 2013

London Nights

London Nights is a song by Dawnstar. It is the sixth track from the band's first LP, Saturnine Valentines, released on 16 May 2013. The music was composed by Dawnstar around 2008. The lyrics were written by Attila Wind. The first version of the lyrics was written around 2008, while the second version in 2012. The first version of the lyrics was changed for the recording because Attila Wind found a bit childish. The second version of the lyrics tells a story of a man who falls in love for the first sight in a pub in Vauxhall, London. Wind wrote this song after spending some nights in Lancaster.

Album: Saturnine Valentines
Released: 16 May 2013
Format: CD
Recorded: 2012
Genre: Rock
Length: 3:26
Label: None
Music: Attila Wind, Bálint Hamvas, Viktor Albert
Lyrics: Attila Wind
Producer: Attila Wind
Certification: None
Music video: YouTube

Lyrics

Second version (official)
I knew from the first sight that you were the one
I’d waited for years - someone to love
But now I feel ashamed of what I have done
At the bar in Vauxhall where you and I met
I’ve waited for you ever since then
And I can’t get out of my head

Those London nights
I wish things would be all right

Wish I couldn’t think back on those nice days
You spent in my arms, it would be okay
But you’re on my mind again and again
It would be so nice if we could meet
Cause now I’m so sad, I know you are not free
Just give me a chance, I’m down on my knees

Those London nights
I can’t get them out of my mind

First version
I met in the street the poppy-seed queen
Gave me some weeds that’s all I need
’cause I’m not clean but cherry and free
In London nights
Let’s paint the town right
It’s all right?
I entered the pub there were some thugs
Crabby and drunk asked for some drugs
They had a gun that was the rub

London Nights (video) is the second music video by Dawnstar and it was released on 17 June 2016. The video was shot on two different locations and in two different years. The first filming took place in the streets of London and it was shot and directed by Attila Wind on 13 July 2013. The scenes were chosen by Attila Wind while travelling alone from Budapest to Lancaster. He decided to travel through London and shoot some scenes in London including Tower Bridge, and St Paul's Cathedral. He was very lucky since during the filming the sun was shining brightly and it wasn't raining. However, at the film studio the band members wanted to fit the video to the title and they tried to use night effect but it didn't work. The second filming took place at the rehearsal room of the band in the eighth district of Budapest. In the Budapest film Bálint Hamvas and Viktor Albert are waiting for Attila Wind to arrive at the rehearsal room. When Wind finally arrives the band starts to play the song together.

Released: 17 June 2016
Directed: Attila Wind
Photographed: Attila Wind
Produced: Attila Wind
Edited: Attila Wind
Stylist: None
Date of shooting: 13 July 2013, 22 May 2016
Location: London, Budapest
Members

Albums

Songs

Concerts

Sounds